Welcome to my blog.
A place to record and share my musings and my work.
'Will you, won't you, will you, won't you, won't you join the dance?'

Monday 15 July 2013

Summer and Strawberrys.

It's been another busy week.  The weather has been glorious.


I picked these flowers from the lane outside our cottage.
They are gracing the gallery and bringing a touch of summer. 
I especially love the bindweed and the way it frames the 
rest of the bouquet.


Tuesday found us at the National Railway Museum in York,
viewing the six Pacific Class Steam Engines, including, Mallard. 
 Ah! the nostalgia, ah! that distinctive smell of burnt cinders.
Bit crowded though but worth it. They have come from all corners 
of the world and may never be exhibited together again.


The rest of the week has been taken up with making strawberry
bunting, seen here with a vintage tin that I got for next to
nothing from our local charity shop.  The bunting was for the
gallery to promote Pateley Bridge Strawberry Festival, held this weekend
I knitted them from oddments of wool and crocheted the stalks, then
linked them together with a crochet chain. 
Very pleased with the result and cost very little apart from time.


It was a great weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, I love reading them.
Brightens up my day.
Will reply soonest.......