Welcome to my blog.
A place to record and share my musings and my work.
'Will you, won't you, will you, won't you, won't you join the dance?'

Tuesday 10 September 2013

Season of Mists and Mellow Fruitfulness.


Autumn is the time of year that I love best.
Preparing and repairing our cosy 'nest' for winter.
Catching up (now we have the time), on all those
jobs that have been neglected lately.


The chimney has been swept allowing us our
first, cheery fire of the season. 
Lovely ........


The Rowan trees are groaning with berries.
A feast for the Thrushes.


Blackberries in the hedgerows wating to be gathered.
Good year, picked loads for pies and jam.
Mmmmm...


Cucumbers in the greenhouse, ready for pickling.


Sunflowers in a vase on the kitchen table.
A gift from a friend when the gallery closed.
Plenty more to do.
Trying to get to grip with setting up the online shop
on our website.
Nightmare!


2 comments:

  1. Liking the cosy fire..this is on my big wish list to have in the house, brings back good times from when I lived at home.
    My fridge is also full of homemade jam.
    Looking forward to following you in your new adventure.
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amanda
      Thanks for getting in touch...... the fire is my most favourite thing and like you brings back lots of happy memories. Nothing like cosying up and letting the world go away for a while
      Jacqui x

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I love reading them.
Brightens up my day.
Will reply soonest.......