Welcome to my blog.
A place to record and share my musings and my work.
'Will you, won't you, will you, won't you, won't you join the dance?'

Friday 10 January 2014

Playtime!


 This week, a little 'play', was in order, before I buckle down 
to the real world. Next Monday afternoon, I have a job interview.
gulp ...........
On Tuesday, I had my monthly, 
J.A.M. (initials of members) session.
We are a small group of like-minded friends,
who meet up once a month to exchange, news, ideas
and inspiration. This month, we had a trip out to Otley.


It was a lovely day, as you can see.
 This photo was taken from the window of Adelaide Walker
which was our first, port of call. It is an old mill, which has been
 repurposed,  into offices and small businesses.
It sells, felting and spinning supplies
(Annette, is a felt maker).
There was lots of temptations.....
Inspirational colours!
It was difficult but I resisted.

Merino Top Crocus  - 100gMerino Top Fuchsia  - 100g         Merino Top Lime  - 100g           
Then we hit the town. No Charity Shop was safe.


I picked up this little number, where everything was 99p.
Great for my interview, or that's what I told myself.
Then it was off for a bite to eat and home.
A great day out!
The rest of the week has been spent, in my workroom, playing.
I have been .....


Experimenting!  Making a grid, for a new textile piece.
A way of  incorporating text, into my work.
 I used free machine embroidery over hessian and paper. 
 The white stabiliser disolves in water.
 Will see what happens, when it dries!!

 Resurrecting an old project.


Really comfy sweater, that I have made before but worn out.
 Got a bit bored with the knittiing, as it's so plain but 
it's perfect for a fireside project (unlike the shawl).
The edging is sarisilk and the main body grey.
It's been on the needles for about 2 years at least.
About time I finished it.
Outside, it has rained but mostly at night.
We have had lots of 


pink fluffy clouds.


Lastly, I'm very excited! Have started a Twitter 
wordplay 'thing', with Ali from Random-Wooliness.
 I love words. It's great to find someone with a  fellow feeling.
Well, better get going.
Wherever you are.
 Hope you get some playtime in, this weekend.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, I love reading them.
Brightens up my day.
Will reply soonest.......