Welcome to my blog.
A place to record and share my musings and my work.
'Will you, won't you, will you, won't you, won't you join the dance?'

Friday 23 May 2014

A little bit of this and a little bit of that!

"Into every life a little rain must fall" and it certainly
has, these last few days but earlier in the week .....


This was our garden, basking in the sunshine.
If you look very carefully, you can spot the blackbird
sitting on the top of the wooden sculpture.


The blackbirds are nesting in the climbing hydrangea,
round our kitchen window. He is patiently waiting for me 
to go inside, so he can feed his babies.
So I did!
My post this week, is for tying up a few loose ends.


My fairisle went to it's new home and I am delighted 
to say, it fits. One happy man!



I managed to repair the sock, I mentioned last week.
I carefully unravelled and cut out the chewed bit.
I then picked up the stitches at the top and bottom of the hole.
I still had some of the wool, I made the socks from. 
I knitted across the stitches on the first needle 
and using stocking stitch, I completed enough rows to cover the hole.
 At the end of each row, I knitted or purled, the last stitch
 together with the edge stitch of the hole.
It took a couple of goes before I was happy with it.
When I reached the other row of picked up stitches, 
I grafted them together.


Pleased with the result, I think!


I finished and sent off my crochet mandala to Yarndale
and.......


successfully bid on ebay for this little, vintage tool.
It's called the Handy Knitting and Crochet Guide and was
made in 1936. Not only does it keep a count the rows but 
 increases and decreases and how many times.
It also has a needle gauge down the side and a ruler 
at the bottom. 
A very useful addition to my knitting equipment. It will
make all those bits of paper, on which I usually record that
 information and have a tendency to lose, redundant.
Of course it's only as good as it's owner .... you have to remember
to move the little arrows, every time. Mmmmm!
All in all, a very productive week.
Enjoy this Bank Holiday Weekend, everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, I love reading them.
Brightens up my day.
Will reply soonest.......