Welcome to my blog.
A place to record and share my musings and my work.
'Will you, won't you, will you, won't you, won't you join the dance?'

Sunday 26 April 2015

My 'Spark' is relit!

Woke up yesterday, to a beautiful morning and the 
return, I am glad to say, of my Inspiration!


Although we still have no transport, a kind neighbour offered
Mr C. the use of his van for the weekend, so work on the gallery had begun.


I was taken there this morning, early, for a quick peek.
Very exciting to see it taking shape!
The best thing about this weekend has been, having the house to myself.
After finishing all my household tasks, I went off for a day in my work room.
Although I have not been idle of late, knitting and crocheting a plenty,
my true creativity has been sadly lacking.
So you can imagine my joy, when I woke yesterday with my mind
buzzing with lots of ideas.
A quick coffee in the garden looking at Mr C's new sculpture


for inspiration and I was away!
I have been struggling for over a year on how to mount one of my recent 
textile pieces.


I have needle felted threads and silk on pale grey scrim. Free machine embroidered it in parts
and attached pieces of dyed newspaper, beads and buttons.
I am drapping it over a strip of copper and attaching it to 
a piece of mount board. Delighted to have found the solution, after all this time!
Also made this,


to finish off a little bag, to go in the gallery.


 Made a smaller version for the front.


Hope you've found your spark, this weekend!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, I love reading them.
Brightens up my day.
Will reply soonest.......