Welcome to my blog.
A place to record and share my musings and my work.
'Will you, won't you, will you, won't you, won't you join the dance?'

Wednesday 24 April 2013

Amazing Find


Chanced upon this at our local charity shop.
It was love at first sight.  I had no idea what I
was going to do with it but it had to be mine.
Got it for a song, as it was taking up a lot of space
and they didn't know where to put it. 
 A case of being in the right place, at the right time.


The piece is living in the gallery at the moment so that I can study it.
Several ideas have come to me as the background is hessian, which is
my preferred medium for working on (more later).
It's attracted lots of attention and I could have sold it several times over.
One lady in particular (and she knows who she is) was crawling
 on her hands and knees to look at it.  She practically begged me to 
let her have it but sometimes you have to stick out for what you want 
and I know that I am not ready to part with it yet. 
 The sheep's fleeces are all made from the breeds they represent.
It is in need of a little repair and some cleaning and a lot of love.
 Coming to my studio as soon as the large frame I have is unoccupied 
and I can give it the attention it deserves.  
So watch this space.....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, I love reading them.
Brightens up my day.
Will reply soonest.......