Welcome to my blog.
A place to record and share my musings and my work.
'Will you, won't you, will you, won't you, won't you join the dance?'

Saturday 8 November 2014

You Couldn't Make it Up!

I want to start this week's post by thanking everyone 
for their good wishes, regarding the success of our Pop-Up Shop.


I have to report however, all did not go well!
In an unbelievable twist of fate we have had to CANCEL.
I went in on the first day of opening and was presented with two
engineers who said they had come to remove the asbestos from the building!
To cut a long story short, there had been a mix up in the line of communication.
A case of right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing.
Well as you can imagine, I was thrown in a flat spin ....
We had to pack up and leave by the end of that day!!
Not an easy task, as we live about 15 miles from the site
and there is no parking outside.
It was done, all under the cover of darkness, that evening.
I don't know how we did it but but we did!
This gave me an unexpected free week, after I got over the 
tiredness and stress of it all.
Managing to laugh about it now.
Could only happen to us!
Mr C, bought me this lovely cyclamen to thank me for all
my hard work.


It has pride of place in my work room.
Felt inspired to progress on, with my 'Spiral',textile.


I have been mulling over an idea, I found in tnis vintage sewing book.


It involves embroidering on net.


Having mounted my work, on section of net curtain


I thought this might be a good way to integrate the piece into the background.


Photocopied the design onto a sheet of A4 paper and tacked it into place.
Sorted out some crochet colours in similar tones to the Spiral.


and began!


A work in progress .....
A very satisfying end to a traumatic start of the week.
Have a great weekend everyone!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, I love reading them.
Brightens up my day.
Will reply soonest.......